In order to prevent fungal diseases and diseases transmitted through blood should be used only sterile instruments.
Processing of the manicure tools includes several stages:
Stage 1. Disinfection (pre-sterilization):
1) mechanical cleaning with a cotton swab (removing particles of the skin and the nails).
2) Put instruments in the disinfectant liquid for 20 minutes. Barbicide, Mar-V-Cide or others - to dissolve in water, according to the instructions and get the liquid of the desired concentration. Disinfectant liquid are also used for baths and bowls which you needed for the manicure and pedicure: simply pour the liquid in tank. It is also necessary to wipe up any cover with the liquid where you are doing a manicure, pedicure as well as chair, steps and handrails. Disinfecting solution retains its properties for 3-4 days, and then you need to pour it out and prepare a new one.
3) Pull the tools out of the disinfectant liquid and rinse in tap water then dry with cloth and put in the tray for 10-15 minutes to thoroughly dry out, otherwise they will rust.
Stage 2. Sterilization of the manicure tools:
The tools are disinfected, and now they need to be sterilized. There are several methods of sterilization:
Put the tools in boiling water and boil for 20 minutes. Then pull them out of the boiling water, dried and put in a clean bag.
Treatment with alcohol.
Soak tools in alcohol for 5-10 minutes. This requires rubbing alcohol 70% or 90%. Please note that is not enough just to wipe the tools with alcohol - it will be light disinfection.
Heat treatment (also called "dry heat treatment")
Such processing can be done using the oven, and using a special device - ball sterilizer.
So, if you decide to sterilize instruments in the oven, then:
- A) Preheat oven to 200ºC (375ºF).
- B) To lay down soaked in disinfectant solution tools on a baking sheet and place in oven for 15-25 minutes.
- C) Put in a clean container, cool, and put aside until the next use.
Ball sterilizers are very easy to use, they save time and effort. You just need to pull out previously disinfected tools from the package in which they were stored and put them in the sterilizer for 10-20 seconds, where they are heated to a temperature of 250ºC. The ball sterilizer can handle with files (steel and glass), scissors, wire cutters, drills, milling cutters and other tools made from materials that can withstand high heat (Manicure tools.).
Tip: If you regularly lubricated metal tools with oil it will prevent them from sticking, and they will work smoothly.